My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://festivalgirl.com.au/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vivid Sydney Festival | Review


Festival Girl Rates: 9.5/10


This weekend past celebrated the opening of Vivid Sydney Festival. As I've been to a number of events, I usually try to pre organise the highlights to see and the festival track I will take. However, this evening turned out to be quite different than I first anticipated. 

So I was supposed to meet up with a friend that I haven't seen in a few weeks, but called saying she couldn't make it. So I decided, hey, what the heck, and decided to go by myself anyway.

I was standing in front of the Rocks Markets, about to snap away, when I bumped into another old friend and they invited me to head to around the corner to a pub for a few drinks. Hmm what to do? Stick my Festival Girl duties and report back to you guys...Or get a few cocktail with some new friends? Well, I decided to try do both. Although, I got a bit sidetracked, I did manage to grab a few snaps for you.



Just before 6pm lights were 'switched on'

SL7_2656



Oh so quirky

Paint splashed MCA



The Opera House, clearly the focal point of the city centre, was lit up by Paris-based ditigal projection artists Superbien. In this, the artists project 2d art works that are projected upon the 3d Opera House sails.


In it's third year, Vivid Sydney Festival will be celebrated for 18 days around the Sydney Opera House, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Rocks - each evening at 6pm, the lights illuminated the city with over 43 installations by local and international artists. Even skyscrapers were lit up to dress the city. 


This street performer with one arm hook controlled a modern day didgeridoo. Some pretty funky sounds were dancing to the lights.
 
 Kids and adults mesmerized with all the lights
The vision of all the lights around the harbour is truly captivating. Standing around the lights of Sydney with friends or loved ones and being engaged in discussions about art - the idea goes back to an old notion...back to the age when man sat around a campfire and participated in discussions of new ideas, poetry and their imagination. 


Hope you can make it down and see the lights


Find out more details here

****Don't forget to enter my competition to win a pair of earrings. ****

All you have to do is comment about your best festival experience here 

xox, Love 

Festival Girl

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...