My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://festivalgirl.com.au/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Rocks Farmers Market | Friday Foodies Market


Festival Girl Rates: 6/10

There is nothing better than taking a stroll during a busy Friday at work and heading down to enjoy the Rocks Foodies market at the lovely European-style Jack Mundey Place. I love the fresh produce, the smell of delicious food cooking and seeing all the beautiful arts and crafts from Sydney artisans. I enjoy stopping to smell the roses, sample some salted nuts, indulge in some truffle oil on crusty bread and watch talented buskers delight passers by. Last week, I even picked up from Mark Wilkinson cd for $5 - well worth it.




Now for the real food? Wander down for gourmet wraps and burgers, barbecued salmon, lamb kebabs, paella, Turkish gozleme and a whole range of Australian-made gourmet produce. 




Stop and smell the roses?





Swing by La Renaissance, my favourite French Pattiserie - Dark chocolate macaroons and delicious chocolate mousse cakes to die for or stop by Giuliyan cafe and pick up some chocolate truffles to go.


Oh my...oh so sexy macaroons!


The fresh produce at the markets....Mmm




Pukara!


Mmm Pony...Well, not really Pony, like the animal, but the restaurant Pony


The real Turkish delight


I love the textures and colours of these tapestries and dishes. I can't wait to visit Turkey one day.


Cupcakes...Mini cupcakes




Oh so cute with Pretty in Pink


I'm singing in the rain




Lowenbrau. Delicious, you rock. Your giant sausage is delectable.

Images of delicious macaroon from here

I hope you can make it to the next time?

Details: 
Foodies Market, 10am – 4pm Fridays
Weekend Market, 10am – 5pm Saturdays and Sundays

xox Love,

Festival Girl

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...