My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://festivalgirl.com.au/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Holroyd Cityfest Parade & Street Fair Merrylands 2011 Review



A few Saturday's ago I took a stroll down the main road in Merrylands town centre to visit the Holroyd Cityfest parade and street fair. With all my usual favourites, I was surprised and delighted to see a few new additions to the fair. 

Festival Girl Rates: 6.5/10



Festival Girl Highlights:
 I thought the addition of the Turksih tea tent was fantastic idea and so refreshing. Turkish delight anyone?





This is my favourite stall - I love snow cones and these guys have all the best flavours like grape, pineapple, black cherry, mango, fairy floss, bubblegum, green apple and watermelon. 


The face painting queue was full of eager kids wanting to get in on the festival fun


This talented lady was drawing one of the spectators and doing a really good job of it.


Lots of arts and crafts for the kiddies to take part in


Oohs pretty colours


Mmm sweet like candy. My favourite is the red licorice, which I happen to be eating right now


Lovin' the Middle eastern decor - I want one of Moroccan influenced lamps 


Time for tea? All decked out with turkish tapestries, seating cushions, traditional tea pots and FREE dates and turkish delights treats to enjoy.


Mmm fairy floss, I think Pink tastes way better than blue. And don't even get me started on yellow.


Beautiful parasols for sale for $10 each. I couldn't think of a better chance to use them as it was such a hot day in Autumn 


This giant teddy was only $30, what a bargain

Ooh design your own cupcake - my favourite cupcake flavour would have to be vanilla buttercream with strawberry sprinkles. Would it be weird if I asked this company to help me celebrate my next birthday? There's no recommended age limit, right?


Sparkles and sprinkles. Yummers


Traditionally dressed Macedonian performers entertain the crowd with Macedonian folk songs and Aussie favourites


Cute handmade tea cosies


I spotted a group of hip hop youths doing some crazy breakdancing moves. It's really inspiring to see these kids enjoy themselves, express themselves and just doing what they love. The guys on stage decided to pull up a little boy who was probably about 7 years old from the crowd and he broke into this serious hip hop dance with serious attitude and facial expressions. The crowd loved it as it was so unexpected.

xox love,

Festival Girl

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...