My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://festivalgirl.com.au/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Love Vintage, Sydney Vintage Clothing, Jewellery & Textiles Show Review 2011



Festival Girl Rates: 8.5/10

I visited the 10th Sydney Vintage Clothing, Jewellery and Textiles Show held at Canterbury Racecourse a few Sundays ago. This is the fifth time I’ve been to the event and is one of my favourite Sydney events. I love the sight of seeing girlfriends linking arms, polished ladies and a number of cool teenagers that are jumping on the grandma chic bandwagon, it's so hot right now.

Festival Girl Highlights:

I was so star struck when I saw Super Kawaii Mama in attendance. Dressed in an elegant black dress, dainty heels, impeccable hair and flawless face. I considered introducing myself and as I looked down at my daggy jeans (I was having a fat day) and messy bun hair, I basically hid behind a corner and just stood staring at her in awe. Like a modern day Monroe, Candice was so glamorously dressed. Sigh, maybe next time I'll dress up abit more and be able to introduce myself.



A funky group of friends who were dressed to impress, like Sex and the City circa 1950.



I adore @ Jewellery by a farmers daughter designer. I love the idea of using recycled materials and creating something new.



The designer uses ties, bottle caps, vintage tin, cigarette cases and even recycled vinyl records to create truly unique and one off pieces. I am in love. 



Elvis, the one and only @ Circa Collectables



Swing dancing and jump jivin' by Sydney Swing Katz. Love those shoes girls and fringe flapper dresses



Charlotte Smith presenting some of the new additions to the Charlotte Smith collection titled '007 Glamour: A night out with James Bond.'



I adore this dress and gold embellishments, just stunning.



Love this throw back to the 60's mod squad; the beehive hat, the leather knee high go go boots and adorable smock dress



This stunning backless 80's dress with fur wrap looked oh so elegant shimming down the catwalk



Cherish Vintage treasures showed a delightful range of hairclips and jewellery using recycled materials. I adore the cute birdy clips, so sweet.



Her Etsy page is to die for and even offers 30% of the sales as donations to animal welfare...Aww



I heart peacocks @ Rosebud Antiques 0403 075 793



Any one who knows me knows my love of costumes; this one in particular is from the 1920's harlequin from @ Retro Funk 0414 998 271



Vintagebelts, handbags and dresses... I'm in heaven with Vintage Vamps, contact them on 02 6278 3895 or 0400 478 753



Looks like Carrie's wardrobe if she lived in the 1950's



Tea for two @ Barnhouse Antiques 



Vintage delights - my dream bedroom @ Barnhouse Antiques 



Some beautiful pink and orange kimonos on display @ Online Antiques

Festival Girl low lights:

I find the best days to attend are Friday and Saturday as they offer the most interesting entertainment with vintage fashion parade and competition. So it would be great to see some of the other two days entertainment creep into Sunday's lineup.

Did you attend the show, tell me what you thought of it?

xox Love,

Festival Girl

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...