My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://festivalgirl.com.au/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Festival Girl Rates: Doll, Bears and Craft Show 2010

Dolls Bears Craft Fair

Festival Girl Verdict: 2.5/5 to 3/5

This is a great little event for those who love dolls and bears and over the year, moves across Sydney, so there is no excuse not to support this great event. With enough support, this event will only get bigger and better. My rating is based on the size of the event, not the quality - with more support, this event will grow into an event with more support and stalls to show. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and I think the businesses would benefit from more traffic coming through the show.

There is a lucky door prize ( I actually won last year) included with your ticket and proceeds raised go to charity.

Festival Girl Highlights:

Lee Dolls had a wonderful variety of dolls and bears


...and the standout... Paddington Bear. My favourite


Fairy Meadow is your one stop shop for all things miniature. They are avid miniaturists and even have an online shop that you can buy all their mini items from. I wish I was Tinkerbell and could play with them all. 


Tiny pots and pans - CUTE!


I had a lovely chat with Robyn the owner of Gunnies Collectibles; a bear maker who makes her own bears from scratch. She is not restricted by bears either and ventures into making sleepy otters and cats. Her work is truly beautiful, with details including false eye lashes, real rabbit fur and mini clothes. My Favourite would have to be Miss Cashmere - a lilac coloured bear with all the class of Jackie O'Nasis in her mink style coat and pearls and lashes. I believe Gunnie Collectibles also offers classes to actually teach you how to make some of her cute designs. I've only got a contact number, so contact me if you are interested.


Pandora Dolls makes these little babies, they are so realistic and are truly little treasures


 They also make doll wigs - I wish my hair was this perfect


Festival Girl Lowlights:
This is a small event and is hard to find info on what is on where - I think this site is pretty up to date, but might be worth contacting the organiser if you are travelling from a far 

Details for Oct 17 Show:
Rotary Club of Holroyd Doll, Bear & Craft Show


Merrylands RSL Club, Military Rd, Merrylands
Hours: Sun 10.00am - 4.00pm

Cost: $5 

Dammit I Missed it?


The next  Doll, Bear and Craft Fair will be on end of October, next show at:


Wollongong Doll Club Inc Annual Doll, Bear and Craft Fair
Illawarra Master Builders Club 61 Church St, Wollongong
Hours: Sun 9.30am - 4.00pm
October 31st 2010



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...